- To develop lively enquiring minds and a positive confident attitude to learning.
- To promote the acquisition of knowledge and skills within a broad and balanced curriculum.
- To develop children’s self-worth and confidence and a sensitive and tolerant attitude towards others.
- To encourage children to value and take pride in their school environment.
- To gain enjoyment from a variety of artistic, cultural and sporting activities.
- To develop the personal qualities needed to achieve: enthusiasm, curiosity, logical thinking, concentration, self-discipline, courage, honesty, independence, patience, a sense of humour, imagination, perseverance and a life-long love of learning.
- To encourage the children’s personal, spiritual, moral and cultural development allied to an understanding of the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child and their Rights & Responsibilities as Global Citizens in today’s world.
- To invest in Health to assist in the process of raising levels of pupil achievement and improving standards.
- To provide a physical and social environment that is conducive to learning.
At Balksbury Infant School we will offer a stimulating curriculum which encourages the achievement of high academic and personal standards enabling all the children to realise their potential. We will nurture every child’s sense of personal responsibility and enable him or her to become a confident, independent learner who is equally able to work as part of a team. We will work in partnership with parents to secure the best education for their child.