Welcome to Balksbury Infants School. Our School is a non-denominational Infant School for boys and girls aged 4-7 years old.
Our school day starts at 08.55 (doors open at 08.45) and finishes at 15.15
The children are very happy at school in a caring atmosphere where there are high expectations of both work and behaviour. They enjoy their learning within a bright stimulating environment.
Educational standards at the school are excellent and this was confirmed in our recent Ofsted Inspection (March 2008) where the school was graded Outstanding in every area.
If you are interested in finding our more about our school, please do not hesitate to contact the School on 01264 352801 to arrange a visit.
Alternatively you can email on firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to meeting you soon.
Patricia M. Murley
Thank you for visiting!
- To develop lively enquiring minds and a positive confident attitude to learning.
- To promote the acquisition of knowledge and skills within a broad and balanced curriculum.
- To develop children’s self-worth and confidence and a sensitive and tolerant attitude towards others.
- To encourage children to value and take pride in their school environment.
- To gain enjoyment from a variety of artistic, cultural and sporting activities.
- To develop the personal qualities needed to achieve: enthusiasm, curiosity, logical thinking, concentration, self-discipline, courage, honesty, independence, patience, a sense of humour, imagination, perseverance and a life-long love of learning.
- To encourage the children’s personal, spiritual, moral and cultural development allied to an understanding of the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child and their Rights & Responsibilities as Global Citizens in today’s world.
- To invest in Health to assist in the process of raising levels of pupil achievement and improving standards.
- To provide a physical and social environment that is conducive to learning.
At Balksbury Infant School we will offer a stimulating curriculum which encourages the achievement of high academic and personal standards enabling all the children to realise their potential. We will nurture every child’s sense of personal responsibility and enable him or her to become a confident, independent learner who is equally able to work as part of a team. We will work in partnership with parents to secure the best education for their child.